Tuesday, August 25, 2009

More of the Same...

Today is I's second full day of school. He actually did really good. There was no crying or anything. He just waved to me and then remembered he needed a hug and a kiss and off he went. I don't feel sad about him being in school, not like I thought I would be, but I wasn't sad about A going either. Maybe I'm a strange parent... LOL I get more choked up over things like A needing a size 7 in womens shoe when i went to buy her school shoes. And that I can't shop for I in the little kids section anymore. I have to move up to the boys clothes. And that E will be 3 soon, and he's one size under his older brother. That stuff is what gets me.

A flat out asked me the other day about what her donor pays for. She goes.. "Mom, my dad pays you child support for me right?" I go "Yeah Why?" She then says.. "Well what does that pay for?" So I tell her that it can go for what ever I need it to go for as long as it pertains to her. Like the gas in the van, or the power bill, or even groceries if need be. So she looks at me and says.. "Mom. How much do you get?" Now according to the paper work I'm not supposed to discuss this with her. But God she's almost 11, and she's no idiot. And I refuse to lie to my kid. Especially when I repeatedly tell her that it's not OK to lie. So I tell her what I get per month. And then she says.. "Does he pay for anything else?" I ask her like what? She says.. "Anything Mom. Like my school stuff, or my Dr's appt's or my glasses. School shoes? Anything." So I sigh and look her straight in the eyes and tell her No. Then she asked me how much we paid for everything. I asked her why and she said she just wanted to know. I sat her down and showed her what we pay in bills per month and told her that it was $60 for her school registration,and then there's her meals at school, and all of her school supplies. She stopped me and goes "Mom?" I said "Yes A" She says.. "Can I have a lemonade stand? Whatever I make I'll give to you so that I can help pay for my stuff." I laughed and told her No, that we'd get everything taken care of like we always to. That we might not have a ton of extra money right now, but we have a roof over our heads, nice clothes on our backs, food in our belly's and lots of love to go around." She smiled and goes, "I love you Mom." I said I Love you to A. I go you understand why I get so frustrated with him now? She goes"Yeah. I'm sorry Mom." I told her that SHE had nothing to be sorry for. She goes "I know... I just am."

Because on top of all of that... He's not even paying the amount he was ordered to pay last time. I'm debating on what to do. I could call and report it, but according to the paperwork failure to comply to it could find him in contempt of court. And he does have another kid at home. I don't know what to do. But on the other hand, he's still on umemployment, going back to school, hasn't paid what they ordered, has gone on 2 vacations this summer, done various other things, and then now apparently he and his wife have floor seats to a concert come October.

*shrug*

No comments: