I started a diet yesterday. And I took pictures of my stomach and thighs from the front and side. Oh. My. God! I didn't realize how bad I looked from another persons p.o.v. I Knew that I had gained weight and that I had alot left over from when I had E. But Holy Mother of God! I really hope that this works and I can start losing. I only wanna lose 40 lbs. And I'd be really happy. I need to get to the gym and start working out, but i don't know when I'll have the chance honestly. That and my Y card is non-existent. I wanted to walk to the library earlier, to get the books I had on hold, but it's overcast and threatening rain. That and Jeremy had to leave for a Dr.'s appt in Chicago at 10. So I didn't get to take my walk. If he get's home early and it's nice out I'll take it then. I need to pull out my Fit. I haven't really even touched it since I got it, and thats not good. I need to also look up online some excercises I can do at home to tone up my thighs and butt. I know that stairs are good and so are squats...but I need other stuff to.
So yesterday i had...
Breakfast: 3/4 cup Special K Vanilla and Almonds Cereal
1/2 cup 2% milk (thats all we had in the house)
Coffee
Snack: French Vanilla 100 Calorie Yogurt
Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, Tuna, and green peppers
No afternoon snack
Dinner: A huge salad with Carrots, Snap peas, Mushrooms, another hard boiled egg, Grilled chicken, Cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and part of an Avacado. Then an Ice cream bar for dessert. It wasn't loaded with stuff. I read the label. LOL Plus I drank a ton of water. And had a Diet, everything free, Lemon Iced Tea. Then before I went to bed I had some more water.
God I woke up starving this morning! WTF!? LOL But looking at what I ate yesterday I am proud of myself. Normally there would have been like a million and one snacks. Chips, candy, 4 ice cream bars instead of just one. That's my problem. I enjoy junk food way to much. I'm trying to write out a grocery list, stuff that will be healthy for me and help me lose weight, and then what the kids will eat. It's hard. And expensive. I think I've spent about $110 at WalMart the last 2 days, just buying healthier stuff for myself to eat.
I'm going to buy a couple of small salad plates, to put my dinner on. I'll eat whatever I cook, just smaller portions. If I put it on a smaller plate... It'll look full, and then maybe I won't over do it. And some oatmeal. Plain old oatmeal that I can just dress up myself. It'll be healthier, and full of fiber and no sugar. Plus it'll stick to me longer. Some nuts I can munch on, I swear to god I'm going to lose this weight!
So far today I have just had breakfast. I'll post today's menu tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay for you! Have you ever had Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches? They are so good it's ridiculous, and they're not tiny like the Weight Watchers ones. Another thing I started doing (because you know I have just as much of a sweet tooth as you do) is eating yogurt when I want a sweet snack instead of cookies. You're right on with the grocery list - I find that if I make one and stick to it, I come home without the crap. Plus fruit's going to be in season, which means it'll be cheaper!
Oh, and get a Pilates ball! I've been telling you this for years. The reverse crunch is so good for that spot under the belly button and it doesn't strain the back.
Post a Comment