Monday, April 13, 2009

The day after Easter....

Well it's the day after Easter, and all I have been doing since I got up is laundry. How can 5 people produce so much??? We had a pretty good day yesterday, a typical Easter. I had to go pick A up from her father's and then when we got home, Jeremy and our friend Nate, hid the eggs for the kids. They went out and found their eggs, and I hid their baskets in the house for them to find. The boys got these huge bubble wands that look like light sabers, so of course they were fighting each other with them. They went outside while Jeremy was cleaning off the back porch and cleaning out the shed while I finished all the sugar cookies and the deviled eggs I had to make. The bubbles produced by these things were pretty good sized. So we get everyone ready, get everything finished and head over to my moms. Which...I don't know why she insisted that we go over there, because here... we could have played outside since we have a yard. We wouldn't of had to move the grill, and there's a ton of toys the kids could have played with.

Between my sister, my brother, and myself there's..... Count em... 12 kids. Ranging from 16 to almost a year. Running around my mother's little 2 bedroom apt. So the kids were playing, and somehow my nephew fell into the bath tub and knocked the shower curtain down. And my mom got all flustered. I tried talking her into having it here... She refused, so I looked at her and said.. "What do you expect they have nowhere to play." Maybe next time she'll listen to me.

I spent all that time making that Broken Glass Jell-o (Which was very good. I ate some) And I thought it came out pretty... But no one ate it besides me and my almost 1 yr old nephew. LOL. They ate all of the cheesecake and cookies though. Go figure.

My oldest niece Sam and I were goofing around in the kitchen part of the afternoon, taking crazy pictures and being complete idiots. I love her for that. HAHAHAHAHA. So we finished eating and I picked up my mom's kitchen and we collected the kids and headed home about 7. Definitely a nice afternoon with my family all in all...although I can only handle so much of them at one time.

After we got the b0ys to bed about 8-ish, I decided to surprise A and I took her to the late show of the Hannah Montana movie. We went in our p.j's and snuck in jr mints, licorice, and sour patch kids. Ate popcorn and shared a soda (No butter on the ppcorn and a sprite. I was still trying to be health conscience..LOL). She kept telling me I was the coolest mom and that she loved it. She also gets bragging rights cause none of her other friends have seen it yet. We came home and we both crashed.

Now I'm off to do more laundry. And I have to say... And I won't admit it anywhere else... Even to my 10 year old.

I liked the movie
Shhhhh. =]


No comments: